• ETC
  • DASH
  • XRP
  • XLM
Login Register
  • Weekly Bitcoin Cycles Report - Aug 14th

Submitted 1 month ago by Bob Loukas

Discussion created for Weekly Bitcoin Cycles Report - Aug 14th

Good afternoon Bob, I looked at the daily MACD (12,26,close,9) for BTC since the beginning.  From what I see, in every BTC bull market whenever the MACD was under the zero line and the 12 crosses the 26, the low from +/- a week was never violated for the rest of those bull markets.  Peter Brandt has illustrated a possible decending triangle and a few others have shown bearish possibilities.  But for us to make a lower low under $9100 (the second bottom) July.28th, BTC will have to do something it never did in its history in relation to this indicator during a bull run.  That or we are in a new bear market in which the MACD has no wisdom.

I sent this over a couple weeks ago but you were on vacation.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

C
    Submitted 1 month ago by Christopher chiovitti

There is always a first in terms of price indicators.  Not sure what else to tell you, I can see a good bounce first before the market does a move below the July 28th lows.  Could be 3 weeks+ before it does.

Thanks Bob, appreaciate your input towards your followers.

C
    Submitted 1 month ago by Christopher chiovitti

A great deal of "things" going on with BTC pricing.  So called, "Flight to safety" with gold and btc (btc off the wall  today downside), major financial markets (Dow/SPX/DAX/Hang Sang) lots of downside action with major up swings as well (the upswing was done first 30 minutes of NYSE trading too as todays down market was all day long with brief pullbacks).  I am not spreading fomo just what is going on in various markets this week.  Lots of chaos in my humble opinion.

Submitted 1 month ago by Harold

Yes.  I think it's clear that in a panic, Bitcoin will not in the short term act as a hedge.

Welcome back Bob, hope you had a refreshing time off! 

S
    Submitted 1 month ago by Salman

It was, thanks!

Bob, let me ask you something because I am a little confused.

When BTC was at its lows in February and you guys all said 'let's go', did you go on an exchange and put in LONG orders on a major part of your balance, or did you simply mean that you bought Bitcoin, were sat in Bitcoin, without any additional leveraged long trading on top?

When you say 'denominated long in Bitcoin', do you mean have open long positions, or simply that your dollars are in BTC and sat there in a wallet or an exchange?

Just trying to clear that up as a lot of the analysts here have their 'core position' from back then, but I'm not sure if it is a multi month length open LONG trade or they are simply holding BTC in a waller or exchange. Thanks for the help.

C
    Submitted 1 month ago by Charis

So going Long or denominated in Bitcoin means (for me) that I moved from $USD cash or Stable Coin, into Bitcoin.  It also means that I moved $USD into Futures accounts, which by default carry a BTC balance.  So since the lows (my 4 year cycles videos) I have been long Bitcoin.

In addition to that, from a trading standpoint, we have been leveraged long in the Futures market at various times, as indicates by these reportd and trades alerts. 

So the net is that my positions are up over 300%, NOT including all the leveraged trades. 

Hope that helps

Bob,

What are your thoughts, for the 4 year cycle HODL, of initiating one's core position at current levels?

W
    Submitted 1 month ago by Will weathersby

I answered my own question through some soul searching LOL - I am comfortable with the long term BTC story having been involved near the beginning, and your view that in the HODL strategy, expecrt and be OK with 30% pull backs.

W
    Submitted 1 month ago by Will weathersby

Please login or register to leave a response.